Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Scrapbook Night

I have to laugh because Amy and I always seem to have coinciding lives. We also did a family scrapbook night last week (but ours was Sunday instead of Friday). The girls begged to invite Grandma over and we did. It turned out to be lots of fun. Grandma scrapped tons of layouts (she always works so quickly) but between caring for a cranky Lydia, I didn't get much done. I had already done the first page of this 3-page layout earlier in the week, and I got the second page done and most of the 3rd (I finished it up Monday morning). So here is the rest of the second grade section for her school years album.


Unlike Amy I didn't have to put much time into getting the girls supplies. They are into them on a regular basis and know where everything is. My problem is keeping them OUT of my supplies! I am constantly out of my tape-runner refills and I get frustrated when they use a particular supply I was saving for something. But, I love that they scrapbook so I try not to freak out and try to gently nudge them in the direction of things I don't care if they use! They each have a binder with layouts they've created. They just use extra photos (I keep a stack of photos they know they are allowed to use) and they just go into the album in the chronology of when they were created, not when the pictures were taken. It's kind of a hodge-podge but fun to look at how their scrapping skills have evolved over time!
Here is Cecily's layout of her swimming in Utah over the summer.
And Isabel's layout, also of swimming in Utah. She spent more of her time creating a paper doll I didn't get a picture of.


It was fun! We'll have to do it again soon, because it was a good impetus for me to get a few pages done!

2 comments:

  1. Your school scrapbooks are so awesome! And I'm impressed at the girls scrapping skills. The problem that we have is that I don't have a place so keep supplies out and handy so when we did our activity the other night, I had to drag out as many things as I could to keep the kids content. When I work alone, I have an idea in my head so that I can just pull out a few things that I know I want to use. My dream is a craft room where my kids could go and work whenever they want to also. Sounds like a fun night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My newest dream is to build an addition room on the back of our house,which would bump out the kitchen a wee bit and add on a playroom off the family room downstairs...and kind of connect all the living space in the house a bit better, so I could really see what was going on while I cook. Then the finished room in the basement could be ALL MINE and I could have a real craft room and a real storage room. I found mildew on some of my stored supplies in there and so it's not proving to be the optimum scrap space! I would have so much space, I'd put little desks in for the kids, and have the computer and a guest bed. I've already got it mentally decorated in my mind. Alas, my dream is sure to remain just that for quite some time but I sure would love it!

    ReplyDelete