Monday, August 17, 2009

Getting Organized

So, I love scrapbooking. But I never seem to ACTUALLY scrapbook! I am lucky if I can keep my photos even slightly organized, much less put onto layouts. In fact, about the only times I scrapbook are when I get together with Amy a few times a year. I always feel so accomplished after those scrap sessions (plus they are fun!) and commit to doing better, but somehow on my own I never get to work. And on this last visit with Amy, I was disappointed that we never found time to scrap together.

So I thought, how about we start a scrap blog, commit to scrapping at least once a week, and posting our completed layouts. This way, it is almost as if we are scrapping together. And hopefully knowing that I've committed to the layouts will make me feel compelled to get them done!

So, I am hereby committing to five layouts per week. One for each child and one for my family albums. (Some may be duplicates as I often do the exact same layout in my family album as I've done on a child's album). I will try to do my posts on a Friday unless my week gets busy.

Yay! This will be fun! I am feeling better about my piles of pictures waiting to be scrapbooked already!

2 comments:

  1. We are so on the same wave-length. I was going to e-mail you and tell you that I thought Scrap Happy would be a cute blog name! Too funny. I'm so excited about this. I'm starting out with a very minimal commitment and then I will work my way up as I get back into it. I'll just start with a goal of one layout per week for now. And I'll most likely be posting my layouts on Sunday or Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Years ago I decided if I ever had a scrapbook store I'd name it Scrap Happy (play on words from slap-happy). I know there is an actual store out there named that now, but just had to use it for the blog! (there is another blog named that, too, unfortunately).

    ReplyDelete