Monday, January 11, 2010

The New Year

Here are a few layouts I scrapped with Amy while she was here visiting. It just isn't a visit without a scrapbook night. I had so much fun! I so wish we lived close enough to do this once a week!

Here is the very first layout I've made for Lydia, "Growing So Fast". I scraplifted the first page from a magazine cover (just swapping stars for flowers and putting in girly colors):


This layout, "C" is for Cecily's 5-year album. The photos were from last summer. The monogrammed paper I've had for years and it had gotten bent so I needed to use it before it got worse. I cropped it down to 8 1/2 x 11 and used the remnant on the second page. I really like how this one came out. So simple but I love the colors.



This is a fun one I did last night for Isabel. It is just this past Halloween, the day of her school costume parade. She was walking in a group of witches so I thought my title was clever. The journaling was so easy...I used her own words, taken directly from her blog. I have lots of her old school journals and writings and I want to use them to journal on lots of layouts. It will be fun for her to read lots of her layouts in her own words. Anyways, I used up so old Halloween paper I'd had for probably 10 years so I was proud of myself and this one came together fast and easy.

Now that it is the new year I need to make a new scrapbook goal. I'm trying to keep it simple so I don't disappoint myself. I have decided that I want to post at least one layout per week, and hopefully more when I can do more. I also want to focus a lot on scrapbooking Isabel's layouts this year. Since she is my oldest I am the most behind on her books. I'm hoping to take a big chunk out of her layouts this year (obviously I won't get close to caught up, but I want to fill in lots of gaps, especially in her baby/toddler albums).
I'm thinking that I'm going to focus on one kid per year for the bulk of my layouts. So this year will be Isabel, next year Cecily, etc. Then repeat. I will have to do a few of the other kids, too, of course, especially Cecie and Bentley so they don't feel left out. But overall, I want to work on Isabel's stuff. Wish me luck!


1 comment:

  1. All of them are so cute! (And definitely cuter in person--I'm glad we got to spend at least a few hours scrapping).

    Good luck with your coming year. That's a good idea to focus on one kid per year. I may have to consider that. Maybe if I can do that, I might be able to finish Taylor's by the time he finishes college!

    ReplyDelete