Monday, January 31, 2011

My Scrapbook "Room"

With 5 kids, 4 bedrooms, and a very unfinished basement, craft space is in short supply around here. I have had to confine all my supplies to one wall of a closet in Taylor's room (he loves me coming in rooting through the closet all the time!) But with my stockpiling tendencies, my supplies were spilling over into all the other areas of the closet too. Luckily Kalen gave me this handy dandy organizer on wheels for Christmas. I spent about 3 days cleaning out the entire closet and another 2 days on just the craft area. This little cart isn't big, but I managed to fit a ton of stuff inside of it. Now when I'm planning a big scrap session, I can just roll the whole cart out to the table and have nearly everything I need. For quicker sessions I can easily find what I need for a layout because things are much more organized. The bottom of the closet is still needing a bit of help. I also keep my silk flowers and all the stuff I need for making hair clips in this area plus some shipping supplies for when I happen to sell something on Etsy plus all the rest of the scrapbook stuff that wouldn't fit on the shelves or in the rolling cart.
I bought a few more photo boxes at Michael's a few weeks ago to store all the photos in that I haven't gotten into albums yet. They used to be in shoe boxes of varying sizes but they didn't stack well and were always toppling over. The uniform size of these makes stacking and storing much easier, plus they are way cuter.


And that's about it. Someday I hope to have a craft room of my very own, but at least for now I have somewhere to store things. Now I just need to use them all up.

1 comment:

  1. It totally works! I think you are actually way more organized than I am, and I kind of don't like having my space out in the middle of the basement playroom. It's nice to have a scrap space, but keeping the kids OUT of it is another story!

    ReplyDelete