Sunday, August 23, 2009

Amy's First Week

Well, since my calendar still said 2008 the last time I scrapbooked, I decided to start out with a very small goal of one layout per week. If I find that I am having no trouble getting one done then I'll up the number. This week actually was super busy so I was grateful to have such a small goal to meet. But I have to say, I had so much fun and I am really looking forward to getting at least something done.

This layout is for Kendall's book (and like Alison, I am years and years behind in my scrapbooking). These photos may look rather familiar as Alison chose to do pictures from the same beach trip. I know, what are the chances? But I also love scrapping beach photos so that may have something to do with the coincidence. This one actually came out rather simple because I ended up scrapping after the kids had gone to bed and so once I decided what I wanted to scrapbook, I couldn't get back into my supplies without waking up Taylor, so I just used what I had. And that does it for me for week one. I need to get more organized beforehand so I can come up with a better layout for Lynnsey's pictures next week.

5 comments:

  1. That is TOO funny that we did the same pictures! Seriously, what ARE the odds? Talk about on the same wave length! Anyways, your layout is super cute. This blog is working awesoem already...we both scrapped this week! Yay for us!

    So, what do you think of the new blog design? The pictures didn't look right on a lavendar background, but plain white was so boring I decided to do the "Cutest Blog on the Block" thing. I really like how it came out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the new blog design is really cute. That's a fun site to visit. I keep thinking about changing my blog background too but then I think I kind of like how simple it is. But this one is really cute especially for a scrapbooking blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree... I like my simple background for my family blog. But love this for the scrapbook blog!

    Have you scrapped any more this week?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did a one-page layout for Lynnsey's book last night that I thought would be a quick one but it ended up taking me forever and still didn't come out quite the way I wanted. Oh well. I still hope to find another evening to work on something for Spencer. He was disappointed this morning when he saw I hadn't done anything for him. How about you? Think you'll get your five this week?

    ReplyDelete