Sunday, October 25, 2009

Well, it's not five...

...but I did get three layouts done this week. And in a week that I was planning a birthday party and cleaning house for that party, and preparing a relief society lesson, too. I figure if I could get some done last week I should be able to get some done nearly every week!

"Second Grade":
This one is for Isabel's school years album. I use the Becky Higgins kits and love them. I need to get the rest of her second grade section done. This week!

"Boo"
This is for Isabel's two-year-old album, photos from a ward trunk-or-treat. The title is Isabel standing in front of the decorations, and I just cut it from the photo. I had all these Halloween paper remnants from making Cecie's party invitations last week on my desk, so I decided to use some of them on a simple Halloween layout.
"Kaya Nicole"
These photos are of Kaya, for our family album. This finishes the rest of the stack of photos from Amy I had on my desk after my "Oswald Kids" layout a few weeks ago.
That's all for this week. I'll be posting on Sunday's from now on. That was smart thinking Amy. The rest of the week is too busy and I could never remember on Friday.
My goal for this week: the rest of Isabel's second grade stuff for her school album and the same section on pre-school for Cecily in her school album. Also, do some more photo organizing. I just came across a ton of pictures from YEARS ago that were never dated or anything. What a mess to try to sort that all out. They are cute pictures, too, although heart-breaking to see how big my kids have gotten since then.
Also, I found a bunch of photo CD's. When I got my first digital camera, I wasn't sure how to develop photos so I just made CD's and I still don't have hard-copies of all those pictures. My Ritz-Camera store has 6 cent prints on Tuesdays so I have been going in on Tuesdays to drop off and pick up; so I'm going to start developing a CD a week til I get things caught up. Then hopefully I'll be in the habit of going in, and can continue and just clear off my memory card each week. That way I won't have hundreds of prints to deal with at a time.

2 comments:

  1. So cute! I love all your layouts. The Halloween one with your scraps is adorable. It pays not to throw anything away--when it comes to scrapbooking anyway.

    I didn't get it done this week. Having sick kiddos is so demanding! Hopefully I can sqeeze in a layout or two this week sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of your layouts..especially the one of Isabel's second grade photo (why is it that she looks so grown-up even as a second grader??)
    Why does time to slip by so quickly! You and Amy are doing a wonderful job preserving these memories, though, and in a beautiful format.
    You both inspire me and maybe, eventually, I will get the scrapping bug so I can preserve memories of all of you when you were your children's ages. Where do you get the kits you use?

    ReplyDelete